Sunday 2 October 2011

Lemons, lemons everywhere!

I was amazed when I saw this basket of gigantic lemons on the porch of Karen & Phil's house - they are most definitely the biggest I have ever seen!  Even better still, these babies come from the lemon tree in the back garden!  Coming from freezing cold Scotland, I have never come across so many lemon trees in people's back gardens.  Walking around the suburbs of Melbourne it seems like nearly everyone has a lemon tree with fantastic lemons - how lucky!  One charity shop I went into last week there was even a basket of free lemons - they are in abundance at the moment.  I thought I should make something 'lemony' with these guys so I thought about what I'd like to eat and that was cupcakes!  I got the recipe from BBC Good Food website for Lemon and Poppyseed Cupcakes...delicious in my opinion!  I found that the icing was more than enough for one batch of 12 cakes, and in the end I made 24 cupcakes, the icing was more than enough. 

Here are my cakes, looking all delicious....

1 comment:

  1. Yummy cupcakes! We saw lemons growing in my son-in-law's parents back yard in Nelson, NZ. The tree was loaded with them.

    ReplyDelete