Thursday 2 June 2016

'Teapot One (Dark Grey)'


‘Teapot One (Dark Grey)’ is a limited edition, hand made, original lino relief print. 

This print was inspired by two of my favourite things – tea and patterns! I drink tea all the time and have a small collection of teapots in my home.

This is a limited edition of 10 prints in dark grey ink. Each print has the edition number (ie 1/10), the title and my signature. 

Paper size is approximately 35 x 49cm, and the printed teapot is approximately 20 x 29cm.

This artwork is printed on high quality white Fabriano Rosapina paper (60% cotton rag content), and is printed with professional water based Graphic Chemical Company inks. 

I drew the teapot design by hand in my sketchbook first. The print was created by carefully hand carving the design onto the surface of the lino block. After the carving is complete, I hand mix and roll the ink onto the surface of the lino block. Using my printing press in my studio at home, prints are made by placing the printmaking paper on top of the inked lino block and this ‘sandwich’ is hand pulled through the press to create the print.





No comments:

Post a Comment