Tuesday 18 December 2012

Porcelain Christmas Decorations

This week I had the chance to play around with some porcelain, led by my very knowledgable friend Jenny. Armed with a pile of newly purchased cookie cutters I rolled and cut out these shapes. For a textural finish, I also rolled lace onto the surface of the porcelain.

After firing I simply knotted ribbon, wool and waxed linen thread for hanging. Et voila!

In the kiln ready for firing.....




All strung up and ready to go...


Some lace texture on the surface....


Do you like the moose shaped one?  I do!





5 comments:

  1. Where did you find the moose cutter? I've been looking for one for ages. You'd think they'd be easy to find in Canada but no, not on the Island or even in Vancouver. I love visiting your blog. You always have sun beautiful things to see. Take care. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carole, to be honest, I didn't think anyone looked at my blog, I'm glad you like it. do you have a blog too?
    I got the moose cutter from IKEA about 2 years ago. I haven't actually made any cookies from it, but when I had the chance to make some christmas decorations, I knew exactly what to use!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll check IKEA and see if they still sell the moose cutter. Yes, I have a blog. Click on my image and it will take you there.
      Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  3. Hi! Your Christmas ornaments are gorgeous . . . I was at the Shepparton Art Museum (SAM) on Tuesday and they were selling similar ornaments in their gift shop . . . and like Carole, I too like checking out your lovely blog! Merry Christmas! Meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meg, thanks for your lovely comments. Hope you are enjoying your blog too - it looks great!

    Pigeon

    ReplyDelete