Friday 15 April 2016

Spring Flower Print For Sale!


My limited edition print, 'Spring Flower' is now for sale on my Etsy Store hereThis single print evolved from a series of ink drawings that I made of fresh flowers. I had gone on a walk that morning and picked some beautiful wild spring flowers from our neighborhood and took them home to draw. I made about 5 observation drawings in about half an hour as my daughter was napping and I had a very small window of time! I love that the quick, gestural qualities of the ink drawing have remained in the lino cut. I think ink drawings translate really beautifully into a lino print; with each medium offering different and unique properties.

This is a limited edition of 11 prints in dark grey ink. Each print has the edition number (ie 1/11), the title and my signature.

Paper size is approximately 25 x 70cm (very long and skinny!), and the printed image is approximately 17.5 x 45cm.






No comments:

Post a Comment