Tuesday 8 January 2013

Paper Garland Decoration


This Saturday we are having a party at our house, our first party in the house.  It's both a housewarming and a birthday party for me!  So this week I have been playing around and making some decorations.  Here are some pics of the paper garlands that I've been making.  I got 2 old music books from a second hand shop, $2 each and used a circular cutter to cut out perfect circles.  I also found some pre-cut circles of vintage atlases at the Glen Waverley Antique Bazar, which I included with some music circles and brown paper.




I used a neon pink thread.  I love a bit of neon these days!


I thought I would try making more 3-D garlands which was simply sewing 5 layers of paper together.  You then just fold them out to make a more bouffant look.


A mixture of different papers...






Vintage atlases ...


I'm not sure how I will hang them at the party, but for now they are hung up around the house on random doors and chairs...

2 comments: